No OpeningsWe currently do not have openings. However, we always seek for outstanding candidates. Feel free to apply (see below), but keep in mind that acceptance chances are extremly low.
PhD Position (closed)The Cryptography Group at ETH Zurich, led by Prof. Ueli Maurer, has an open position for a PhD student in the general field of Cryptography. Candidates with an excellent Master's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field, and with good English skills (written and spoken), are invited to apply.
How to applyYou can apply by email to Martin Hirt. Please use the subject "PhD Application". Your mail must contain the following items:
Application Letter (usually the mail body, alternatively an attached PDF file)
This letter MUST contain the following information:
- personal details: full name, date of birth, gender, marital status, nationality, country of residence.
- educational details (for each BSc/MSc degree obtained): name and place (country) of university, GPA, and a brief explanation of the grading system (highest grade, lowest passing grade, if available annual class average).
- list of crypto-related courses: course title (and type), name of the lecturer, achieved grade.
- CV (attached in PDF format)
The CV should include personal and educational details, a picture, and references.
- Transcripts (attached in PDF format)
For each obtained degree, attach a separate PDF file with the transcripts. Please provide translations of transcripts which are not in English/German/French. Please briefly explain the grading system in the mail body (see Application Letter).